Two of the Bay Areas national treasures
Experience two of the Bay Areas national treasures with a trip to the coastal redwood trees at Muir Woods followed by an Alcatraz Island visit.
This package is not available online, please call Tower Tours at 1-415-345-8687 OR 1-866-345-8687, or you may e-mail us to inquire about availability at [email protected]
Venture north over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient coastal redwood trees, also known as Muir Woods National Monument.
Enjoy solitude and peace, through the cool, moist air, as you stroll through 1000-year-old trees towering 260 feet tall. Experience the awe and wonder as you are treated through Northern California’s signature fog, while you wander in and out of the Mother Nature’s redwood alleyways.
The canopy of coastal redwoods soaring above will stimulate all of your senses as you journey through a piece of ancient California history. You will never forget the crisp, fresh redwood fragrance that will surround you on your journey to the majestic Muir Woods National Monument.
Entrance fee into Muir Woods included in the tour.
Lastly, enjoy a scenic drive through the quaint seaside town of Sausalito – a Mediterranean-like village harbored across the San Francisco Bay, famous for its sweeping views, timeless sophistication, local boutiques and cafes.
Next, hop aboard a 30-minute ferry ride across San Francisco Bay to Alcatraz Island, a former federal penitentiary now operated by the National Parks Service. Known to the world as ‘The Rock,’ the prison was famous for housing such inmates as Al ‘Scarface’ Capone, and the ‘Birdman’ Robert Stroud. Listen in with a 45-minute Cell House audio tour. Hear stories from inmates themselves, as well as other former residents on the island. Step inside a prison cell and get a feel for what life was actually like during that infamous era. Return back to San Francisco at your own leisure; ferry boats return to San Francisco every 30-40 minutes. Alcatraz Tour – Head-set audio narration is available in 16 Languages.
- Alcatraz Island Ferry Boat & Ticket + Cell House Audio Tour
- Entrance fee into Muir Woods National Monument
- Complimentary door-to-door hotel shuttle service from most San Francisco hotels, and SFO airport-area hotels with advance notice.
- Live tour guide narration in English for Muir Woods Tour
- Local Taxes
What’s Not Included
- Tour guide gratuities; recommended
- Sausalito ferry boat return
- Due to popular demand, this package requires advance reservations of up to 30 – 45 days during peak summer season (May – October); and holiday weekends
- Order of tour itinerary subject to change based on Alcatraz Tour departure time; Tour itinerary & details to be provided at tour confirmation
- Names of each traveling passenger is required at time of booking
- Government issued Photo ID is required to pick up Alcatraz Tickets; Alcatraz retail rate – $40.00 per person
- Once tour is confirmed, changes may not be made to the Alcatraz departure date and time
- Cancellations of Alcatraz Packages require 7 Days for full refund