Enjoy 3 of San Francisco’s most popular attractions!
See the best of the Bay Area in a convenient way with this 3-in-1 sightseeing package that introduces you to some of the most popular destinations in and around San Francisco.
This package is not available online, please call Tower Tours at 1-415-345-8687 OR 1-866-345-8687, or you may e-mail us to inquire about availability at [email protected]
With this two-day package, visit Alcatraz Island, see the redwood trees at Muir Woods National Monument, and enjoy a comprehensive city tour of San Francisco’s top sights.
Part One: The first day of your 3-in-1 sightseeing package begins by venturing over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, an isolated canyon north of the city that’s home to a grove of coastal redwood trees. Enjoy the tranquil, shady atmosphere as you stroll among 1,000-year-old trees that tower 260 feet (79 meters) tall. Depending on the conditions, you may experience Northern California’s signature fog while you wander in and out of the Mother Nature’s redwood alleyways.
On your way back to San Francisco, enjoy a drive through the seaside town of Sausalito, a Mediterranean-like village that sits across from the city on San Francisco Bay, known for its sophistication, boutiques, and waterfront eateries.
After exploring Muir Woods, enjoy all of the famous San Francisco attractions and landmarks from an open-top double decker bus! Learn about the City’s fascinating history from live guides or your own audio headset. The hop-on, hop-off tour allows you to jump off at 17 different stops which interest you most.
Part Two: Known as the Rock, Alcatraz Island is just a 30-minute ferry ride across the bay from the Embarcadero. Now operated by the National Park Service, the island prison was once home to such notorious inmates as Al ‘Scarface’ Capone and the ‘Birdman’ Robert Stroud. When you arrive on the island, grab an included headset for the 45-minute Cell house Audio Tour, which guides you through the cell block, cafeteria, and other areas as you listen to stories from the inmates themselves, as well as other residents of the island. You can step inside a prison cell to get a feel for what it was like to be incarcerated there, and enjoy views of the bay, Angel Island, and the San Francisco waterfront.
Your Alcatraz tour is self-guided; when you’re finished, you may return to the city on whichever ferry you wish.
- Alcatraz Island Ferry Boat & Ticket + Cell House Audio Tour available in 16 Languages
- Entrance fee into Muir Woods National Monument
- Complimentary door-to-door hotel pick-up from most San Francisco hotels, and SFO airport-area hotels with advance notice
- Live tour guide narration in English
- Audio Narration for Grand City and Muir Woods Tours in the following languages. 中文, Español, 한국어, Français, 日本語, Deutsche, Italiano – Multi-Language Voice Narration Experience: QR Code Mobile App Feature (Must have mobile data to utilize feature; Wifi not available on motor-coach)
- Local Taxes
What’s Not Included
- Tour Guide Gratuities; recommended
- Entrance fees to Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park or other museum entrance fees
- Sausalito Ferry Boat return ticket
- You have to make you own way to Alcatraz Landing. The departure point for Alcatraz is located at Pier 33, approximately 10-15 minutes walking distance from our office (Tower Tour Office is located 288 Beach St (Corner of Mason St) in Fisherman’s Wharf) . Alcatraz is a self-guided tour, average visit time is 2 hours. Return back to San Francisco at your own leisure; ferry boats return to San Francisco every 30-40 minutes. Once in San Francisco, you have to make your own way back to your hotel.
- Due to popular demand, this package requires advance reservations of up to 30 – 45 days during peak summer season (May – October);and holiday weekends
- Order of tour itinerary subject to change based on Alcatraz Tour departure time; Tour itinerary & details to be provided at tour confirmation
- Names of each traveling passenger is required at time of booking
- Government issued Photo ID is required to pick up Alcatraz Tickets; Alcatraz retail rate – $38.00 per person
- Tour package to be completed over 2 exciting days
- Once tour is confirmed, changes may not be made to the Alcatraz departure date and time
- Cancellations of Alcatraz Packages require 7 Days for full refund